|This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes:
· Integrate and apply strategic approaches to practical situations in various types of organisations
· Assess current developments in the organisational environment and alternative responses related to strategy
· Resolve management problems in the area of strategic management by evaluating alternative outcomes
· Demonstrate the ability to construct and present quantitative and qualitative data effectively by the application of IT skills and methodological techniques
Due to Brexit coming soon, your company is facing uncertainties within UK market and you have been hired as a business consultant to prepare a report for the BoD’s.
Your first task is to prepare a management brief on behalf of the organisation to the BoD’s, as they wish to expand into international arena. You will need to include followings into your management report:
· You are to select a product/service of your choice which originates from UK.
· You will need to give SWOT/TOWS analysis on the organisation.
· You will need to suggest TWO international markets you may enter. However, you will only select ONE. It will be your discretion which international market you wish to tap into.
· Full analysis on the macro environment of the selected country should be included. You will need to explain if you wish to enter international market via joint venture, merger, acquisition, FDI etc.
· A detailed theoretical framework highlighting various models/theories (such as Porter’s Diamond, Ansoff Matrix, BCG Model etc) to be addressed in the management report. This doesn’t bound you to only include taught models/ theories in the module.
· Practical and logical challenges faced by the organisation in an international market must be addressed.
· Research supported by secondary sources must be present within the management brief.
· You need to ensure that you include in-text referencing within the report.
· A separate bibliography page needs to be included with 1.5 spacing throughout the report.
· You also need to pay attention to the structure of the report and it should include headings and sub-headings.