This project allows you to learn more about international investing and about firms that compete in the global arena. You will be asked to pick a common stock of a Canadian or USA multinational corporation (MNCs) with a stock symbol starting with the first letter of your name and with a market capitalization of at least $10B.
Example: Fred FB (Facebook)
- You will conduct a research and review the performance for a minimum of 6 months
- You must explain the performance of the company, why it performed well or poorly relative to the overall market index.
- Your research and explanations should provide some insight into what is driving the valuation of that particular MNC overtime.
- Conduct company research such as the site:www.msn.com.
The 7 page double space report should include the following: Introduction, Analysis and Conclusion with 7 separate headings.
- Summarize how the company’s stock value change from 1 July – 1 October Provide a percentage increase for decrease, why the value changed? –15 Marks
- State and discuss the company’s cash flow per share over the last 4 years – 15 marks
- Estimate what percentage of company’s revenue comes from domestic and international sales –15 marks
- Discuss whether the US/CDN dollar strengthen/weaken over the last 3 months versus other major world currencies. Use a graph to illustrate – 15 marks
- With information taken from the company’s financial report, discuss how the company tried to manage its exposure to exchange rate risk? Discuss the types of exposures? – 15 marks
- Try to estimate the company’s required rate of return or its cost of Capital -5 marks
- Discuss what causes the company’s stock price to change from 1 July – 1 October 2017 –10 marks
- Research Citations (In-text citations for paraphrasing and direct quotes, and reference page listing and formatting, as appropriate to assignment and style) 5 Marks
- Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use) 5 Mark
- There will be a late penalty of 20% per day