Unit: LAW303 – Taxation Law
Weighting: The assignment is worth 40% of the total unit weight.
- Students are required to complete the case study.
- Your answer must be both uploaded to Moodle in word file and handed over a printed copy with signed coversheet.
- You need to support your answers with appropriate Harvard / APA style references where
- Only include information in your appendixes that has been directly referred to in the body of your
- Include a title/cover page containing the subject title and code and the name, student id
- Please save the document as FIN201AT1_first name_Surename _Student Number
You are required to write a research essay addressing all of following points:
“Australia has too many taxes and too many complicated ways of delivering multiple policy objectives through the tax and transfer systems. The capacity of the legislative and operating platforms of these systems, and their human users, to deal with the resulting complexity has been overreached. The tax and transfer architecture is overburdened and beginning to fail in dealing efficiently and effectively with multiplying policy goals and demands. Rationalisation of the tax and transfer architecture should now be a strategic priority.”
Discuss. What are some of these multiple policy objects the Australian tax and transfer system tries to achieve? How does the system overreach and is hence overburdened currently? How do you propose to rationalise the tax and transfer system of Australia to overcome these shortcomings?
Word length: 2,000 original words
You are required to submit your assignment through Turnitin for checking plagiarism. You will receive a password from Turinitin.com